Thursday, November 19, 2009

WTF, Jehovah.

Just in time for the holiday season, I received a nice little note from my local Jehovah's Witness, inviting me to a free bible study. Apparently it's a matter of life or death.

The note itself (which is a photocopy) is pretty hilarious, but the fact that it was addressed to my first, middle and last name is alarming. First of all, how is my information that readily available? Second, how did this person muster up the brain power to even find someone's personal information, operate a copy machine, purchase and use postage, and essentially master the technique of lo-fi spamming?

Observe (click to enlarge):In case you're unfamiliar with reading crazy, I have typed out the letter for your convenience:

"To whom it may concern, I am one of Jehovah Witnesess, my purpose in writing. I would like to offer to you a free home bible study. It's a matter of life or death. John 17:3(?), Jehovah God thrir his Son Jesus Christ is going to make thong better soon check is.

65, 21, 23, 24, 25. Contact local kingdom it cell of Jehovah Witnestess asked for a free home bible study

—M Suttise."

And the envelope and accompanying pamphlet:envelope
trust
THERE'S NO TRUSTING THIS HAIRCUT.

A few questions/observations:
> Even though this person clearly looked up my information, he/she/it still managed to misspell my name. Not in the honest "just added an 'h'" way, but in the confusing, "why?" sort of way. Just call me Saroh.
>Couldn't quite get the spelling of your own name the first time, eh?
>The prospect of my thong getting better is intriguing.
>Check is... in the mail? What??
> No need to discuss the random set of numbers, it's pretty obvious what they represent. (Read: bat sh*% crazy.)

Thanks, but no thanks Jehovah.

Thoughts, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment