Friday, November 20, 2009

New/Old Things

Here at Nibby Co., we try very hard to use as many recycled/re-purposed materials for our products as possible. Since the stationary biz is innately wasteful, this is especially important, and we constantly strive to reduce waste and lessen our carbon footprint. Plus, recycled materials are super cool!

I've been collecting vintage maps for quite sometime, and I'm proud to say that all of our envelopes are handmade from these beautiful specimens. I've also found some super rad dot matrix printer paper (with the holes on the sides!), which will also make perfect envelope stock. I really think it's a win/win/win situation. I don't have to pay for envelopes, old maps are cheap, and the final pieces are more personal and special than regular ho-hum envelopes.

Here are my favorite map finds from my most recent trip to Urban Ore in Berkeley. Once you get past the prevailing cat pee odor, Urban Ore is a bountiful land of treasures and artifacts. It's a must-visit.
maps1
maps2

No comments:

Post a Comment