Friday, October 2, 2009

October Monthly Goal Meetup, yo!

I must say, I got a surprising amount accomplished in what was left of September! I can see that this monthly goal business is really going to pay off, and I'm beginning to look forward to each fresh month with a new list.

Let's review September:

Get fictitious business name *There was a slight hiccup in getting this. I later realized that I needed my Business Registration Certificate first, so I had to make a slight goal switch and move the FBN to October (which by the way, I've already completed!). This may be a formality and just a baby step towards getting fully operational, but it's a significant one. I feel official.
Complete printing of Isa card Run #1 *Yes and no. Yes more than no. I basically have to print the logo and crop marks and then they'll be ready to be trimmed.
Refine logo design *Yes! It's ever so slight, but refined.
Refine blog design *A work in progress, but I got a good start. This will be carried over to October for shiz.
Shutdown computer everynight (and close all of my Firefox tabs) *No dice. I have a problem with shutting off my computer, and any one of my friends can attest to my compulsion to keep dozens of tabs open at all time in my web browser. You don't even want to see my desktop.
Blog at least 3 times a week Meh, I didn't fare so well here. I started off strong, but failed to publish anything in the last two weeks. Right now I have about six posts in draft form, I just need to purge.

New(ish) Goals for OCTOBER:

≥ File Fictitious Business Name.
≥ Publish FBN ad in local newspaper.
≥ Complete Isa run #1 and #2, start #3.
≥ Continue to refine blog.
≥ Shut down computer.
≥ Blog an average of 3/week
≥ BUSINESS CARDS: Finish designing and print. Very important.
≥ Finish Celestial run.
≥ Begin illustrations for calender, design rough layout.
≥ Brainstorm and begin designing holiday cards.

It's definitely encouraging that there's already some items I can cross of. I think I have a challenging, yet attainable set of goals.

Come on October, no whammies!

No comments:

Post a Comment