Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Start of Things.

I recently came across an old card designed by MikWright that may have been the catalyst for my career in the stationary biz. I was in college at Santa Barbara when I first discovered the MikWright line, and I instantly fell in love with their vintage photography + snappy commentary. It may sound a bit silly, but it was this card that really changed my definition of a greeting card. Growing up in Smalltown, USA (Oroville, CA), our only greeting card offerings came from Walmart or Longs, which as you can imagine, didn't have many creative options beyond the standard Hallmark/American Greetings.

I recall laughing out loud when I opened this card, and felt the need to archive it and never give it away. I've probably had it for about nine years now:


If I can get someone to buy one of my pieces and decidedly not give it to anyone and hoard it for their own viewing pleasure, I'll feel like I've done my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment