Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hmmmm...




I'm not sure if I'm complaining, or just making an observation, but it appears that my worst/best fear has come true: Blue Bottle Coffee is taking over the city. I am near-obsessed with Blue Bottle Coffee, but each expansion has riddled me with feelings of both jubilation and apprehension. Of course I'm thrilled that it'll be increasingly easier to get my coffee here, since more locations equals greater convenience and wider disbursement of customers, possibly making each store a little less busy. But then, there's potential for the quality to go down; there's something a little obnoxious about the growth; and now it's not so much a secret society, with which you were an active member of. They only have 4.5 locations in the city, 6.5 on Saturdays, so it's nothing crazy. Although, anyone who knows about La Boulange, may sort of understand the "obnoxious" factor about rapid growth. It just makes me wonder about how Starbucks began, one store at a time, and then two stores at a time, and then...

Anyhoo, I'm going to go get some coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment